Social media is an important part of your small business marketing strategy. It can help you reach new customers and existing ones more effectively. What most people forget is that each platform has their own unique pull, audience, and style of content. With options for free to paid ads, social media can help generate regular customers and a local fan base. That’s why we’re here to help you figure out which roads you want to take with our small business guide to social media.
As the oldest active social site, Facebook has a huge audience and is a go-to platform for businesses. This is because it offers advertisers the ability to target ads specifically to the interests of their customers. Facebook also gives them the ability to track how many people are seeing their ads or responding to them with an ad click or like. Some businesses even opt to have a Facebook page instead of a website because of its expansive reach. While that’s not ideal, it does help to reflect the power Facebook has for businesses.
Facebook audiences include:
- Seniors (55+): Facebook is easy to use and connect with old friends, which is why many seniors and older generations find this site resourceful.
- Worldwide: Facebook is used widely over pretty much the entire world, especially the Middle-East and Asia. This can be useful for foreign markets.
- Small niche market: Groups are amazing! Groups on Facebook is something that is not found on any other major site and can help you gain a group of like-minded people for a small niche business.
Second, only to Facebook, Instagram has a relatively large following and has been around for several years. It’s much harder to find seniors on Instagram, which has a primary audience of millennials and teens, but Instagram’s international following is similar to that of Facebook. The distinguishing factor on Instagram is its reliance on pictures; to be successful on this platform, you must produce high-quality images and video content. This is difficult for many small businesses, but it’s worth it in the end. Instagram also offers paid advertising options.
Facebook audiences include:
- Millennial Women: A very specific group, but effective if that is your audience. Roughly 31% of users are between ages 20 and 35, and about 48% are female. Although that is not the majority, it is known that women are more active than men.
Ah, the infamous TikTok. You love it, you hate it, you definitely have it downloaded. TikTok is the newest craze in social media, and it can be an asset to your business if used correctly. Compared to the other top two platforms, TikTok is mainly used by a much younger audience than Facebook or Instagram. Just like reels on Instagram, TikTok is amazing for sharing video content, customer stories, creative processes, or any other fun antics you can come up with. This is a great platform right now if you’re looking for that “viral” attention on your business. However, you must have the time and capability to keep up with trends, audios, and content as this app is constantly changing.
TikTok audiences include:
- Teenagers: As of august 2022, 60% of TikTok users are between the ages of 15-24. If you’re looking to target people a little younger, TikTok is a go-to!
- Younger Children: Great for toys, tv content, or fun gags as 32% of users are under the age of 17. Be cautious with how you go about promoting your business because of this.
Twitter is the perfect platform for reaching out to younger audiences. It’s a free marketing channel that allows you to broadcast your work and content to millions of people around the globe, who often share it with their own friends, who in turn can help you go “viral.” With this heavy re-tweeting aspect of Twitter, it’s a great opportunity to spread the word about your products and services.
Twitter audiences include:
- Teenagers and Millennials: Twitter is super popular amongst teenagers and younger audiences with nearly 40% of users being under the age of 25.
We know our small business guide to social media can be helpful, but definitely time consuming. That’s why Three Ring Focus is here to help you craft your next high-quality website, marketing, or SEO strategy. Check out of some the work we’ve donefor a little sneak peak. Don’t miss out on the benefits of having an expertly-crafted site. Contact us today for more information about our services!