Now more than ever, we are all concerned with the cleanliness of our home. While we are all focused on staying home and practice social distancing the best we can, some of us are essential workers who must face the general public on a daily basis. COVID-19 is a serious virus that should not be taken lightly and we must limit any exposure of it to ourselves and our loved ones. So, what can we do to have a healthier home?
First, let’s learn some facts about germs and diseases.
- Germs are most often spread by hands through person-to-person contact.
- Germs can enter our bodies through the mouth, nose, eyes and breaks in the skin.
- Germs can be transferred from inanimate surfaces to hands and vice-versa.
- Some germs can live on dry surfaces for several hours and moist surfaces for up to three days.
Second, we are going to explain a few benefits of applying disinfectants to household surfaces.
- Regular cleaning products do a decent job, but only disinfectants or disinfectant cleaners (also known as antibacterial cleaners) kill the germs that can cause many illnesses.
- Surfaces like kitchen and bathroom counters, door knobs, toilet seats and children’s toys may be contaminated with bacteria even when they’re not visibly soiled.
- Germs can be spread to other surfaces on dirty cleaning cloths and sponges.
- Products that claim to kill germs must meet efficacy requirements and guidelines established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and must be registered with EPA and carry an EPA registration number on their label.
- In order for surfaces to be effectively disinfected, the instructions on product labels need to be followed carefully.
Our team at Full Steam Ahead is always looking to help our customers in any way that we can. That’s why we are now offering cleaning and applying disinfectant services! Simply fill out the form below if you are interested in learning more about how we can clean up your home.